laugh out loud: I Hit A Mime On The Way To Work....

laugh out loud

Friday, June 16, 2006

I Hit A Mime On The Way To Work....

Actually I didn't but I wish I had because that would be a hell of a lot more interesting than anything that has really happened in my life recently. Besides, you have to wonder, if you hit a mime, does it make a sound? Or does it die silently? Kinda like that "If a tree falls in the forrest..." question, you know?

Anyway, my life has become boring. I blame it on the Mormons. Damn them and their happy peaceful ways.....oh wait, I am one...that's like damning myself, huh? But seriously, it's like an episode of the Stepford Wives around here lately. Only not as interesting since none of these people are actually being killed and turned into robots but how freakin' rad would that be??? Anything would be cooler than sitting here, banging my head against a computer screen, trying to pull anything out of my butt to blog about...and you know, with my butt being so large, there should be plenty in there but alas, I got nothing, nada, zilch.

How is this possible? Drama follows me like a good stalker...has it left my life for greener pastures? Did all the drama finally get tired of the limited amount of material it has to work with around here and head for the hills...literally? I don't want a peaceful life - those are boring!!!! Blogging demands a certain amount of angst and what am I gonna do if I can't deliver? My (two) readers depend on trauma in my life for their entertainment!! I can't let them down! This is horrible! What can I do to get rid of this happiness? This sudden calm and peaceful feeling in my life has got to go! I mean it. Get out, joy. You're not welcome 'round these parts. We only want pain and suffering and really funny embarrassments, got that?

7 Comments:

  • I love the title of this post!

    By Blogger Abel Keogh, at 7:45 AM  

  • you would.

    By Blogger redlaw, at 8:18 AM  

  • Ahh, don't feel bad. My life's boring crap too. :)

    By Blogger TOWR, at 12:34 PM  

  • Nothing like embarrassment to spark a blog idea. Or a hit-and-run mime accident.

    By Blogger April, at 1:40 PM  

  • I've sucked at posting lately. Just nothing worth blogging about, I guess. I agree that the Mormons should be blamed. Anyhoo. I guess I happened to miss your announcement that you had a blog up and running again. You probably sent me an email about it but I was probably distracted that day. Glad to see you, though.

    And speaking of seeing you, I have some seasons of AD that I'd love to return to you. I'll be up in SLC on Tuesday, and I'll call you to arrange a meeting time.

    By Blogger Cicada, at 3:28 PM  

  • Ok, I was just thinking the other day, how come Redlaw always has these interesting things to post, funny stuff really does happen to her all the time.

    Glad to know your real life is just as boring as the rest of ours.

    Except my life is totally not boring. Nope. Not boring at all.

    By Blogger Carina, at 11:21 PM  

  • April,
    Without embarrassment, my life would consist of....well....there's gotta be more to it than embarrassment...

    Rachel,
    It must be the boring time of year.

    Cici,
    Sorry - I wasn't very good about telling everyone I started back up - the thought was that I wouldn't make a big deal till I started the new website - that one I am still trying to decide on a host for...

    Azucar,
    You know, I think it's all about perspective - and the fact that I am a natural-born spaz. Funny things happen to me because I look for the funny in every-day life...and I am insane. but I haven't done a very good job looking for the funny lately - I think it's a little bit of post-school burn-out. Like now that I don't have that weight on me, I feel a little lost and depressed. Now worries, funny things will start happening to me again soon. How could they not?

    By Blogger redlaw, at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home