laugh out loud: The Weekly Round-Up

laugh out loud

Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Weekly Round-Up

I don't have a real topic for this post - just some random tidbits to tide you over till something fun and embarrassing happens to me again...shouldn't be too long.

I got a call from my high school best friend tonight - she is planning the 10 year reunion for our class and googled me, pulling up my resume and getting my phone number. I'm surprised it's that easy to find me on the internet. But it is - stalkers, take note. Anyway, we had a good conversation - I haven't talked to her since college - we rushed the same sorority and though we were close through our freshman year, we ended up drifting apart as college went on. It's always fun to get a random message from an old friend.

Woo Hoo! Tentative class schedules for the 1Ls (first-year law students) came out today - yea!!! I am taking Criminal Law, Civil Procedure, and Torts first semester - I have no idea what any of that means, but I am flippin' thrilled to be taking them! It's real - I'm really going to law school! Can you believe it? They let people like me go to law school! Oh, and further proof that I was meant to go into the study of the law - I don't have any classes before 10AM. That's what I'm talking about!

As further proof that I am not the only child my mom likes to alienate, Younger Sister #1, she of the grand wedding, has also felt the Wrath of Mom. Younger Sister #1 has decided to hold off on starting classes for her graduate degree until January so that she can ease into the transition of married life without immediately having classes to deal with. Makes sense to me...but my mom bitched at her, saying that if Younger Sister #1 doesn't go back now, she'll never go back. Good grief - my eyes rolled back so far in my head when I heard abotu this that I was afraid they'd get stuck there. Some people (Mom) can never be satisfied.

Younger Sister #2 got a kitten....makes me miss mine so much. When I moved out here, I had to give my cats away...pets are really great - much less mouthy than actual roommates.

Finally, this sunburn has made me realize that I need to take the whole "getting married" thing more seriously. Why? Because I need someone else in my life to rub the aloe into my back when I'm burned - I've tried to do this on my own but there are spots I just can't reach!

Well, there you have it. Tidbits from me. Enjoy.

4 Comments:

  • The other night when I was getting a sno-cone from the blessed Snoasis, there was some WT woman giving away poor kittens in a cardboard box. It was a sad sight.

    By Blogger i i eee, at 10:11 PM  

  • Yay for real law school! And even more yay for classes that don't start before 10 a.m.! It's all so exciting... Maybe you can get a cat after you move? Pets are good. The silly things love you in spite of everything...

    By Blogger TOWR, at 9:10 AM  

  • I can't tell you how many classes I failed until I figured out that I could not attend any class before 10am.

    By Blogger Carina, at 12:17 PM  

  • I enjoyed your tidbits. hahahahahahahahaha

    By Blogger April, at 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home