laugh out loud: France, Italy, And Some Raunchy Lingerie

laugh out loud

Sunday, July 09, 2006

France, Italy, And Some Raunchy Lingerie

This was a busy weekend for me. We'll start with today (Sunday) and work our way backward, okay? I rushed home from church today so I could catch the final game of the World Cup. My heart belonged to France in this match-up, for obvious reasons (that whole I-speak-your-language-lived-in-your-country thing) and because I had an enormous crush on this man right here:

This is Zizou, or Zinedine Zidane, the captain of the French team and my soccer boyfriend since I watched him win the World Cup for France against Brazil back in 1998. I was actually in France, totally as a coincidence in 1998, during the final game that year - the cool thing? If you remember, France hosted the games that year - it was the biggest party I have ever witnessed when France won that game - I loved it. In 2002, I was finishing up my stay in France at the same time as the World Cup but France didn't really do much that round. So this time, I was pretty damn excited to see France in the final game. I like soccer - I played it while I lived over in Europe and it's a great game in my book. And I love watching people like Zidane, who actually know how to play the game and run towards the ball instead of away from it, which is my tactic when playing. Before today, Zidane was my hero. He is a French celebrity of sorts and I remember being so taken by the fact that he was a quiet, well-spoken family man.

But today, Zidane killed that wholesome image in my mind when he inexplicably head-butted another player and was thrown out of the game during the first overtime. France went on to lose and you know what? If that's how the captain is going to act, then the team doesn't deserve to win. It kills me to say that because I really wanted them to win - I sat there with the group at my house, most of whom were already rooting for Italy (my roomie is Italian), and we all looked at the TV in shock, not quite sure we were really seeing this icon behave so badly. It was heartbreaking.

So that was today. Friday, I had a bachelorette party to attend for my good friend, G-Unit (her choice of nickname, not mine). G-Unit is a wild and crazy girl so we decided to throw her a wild and crazy party, complete with raunchy lingerie and a strip-tease finale. But here's the catch. I kinda, sorta forgot to get my gift until 11pm the night before the party which was to start right after work on Friday. So I needed to get some naughty night-time tid-bits and being the resourceful girl I am, I figured I'd run to an all-night sex shop, along the lines of Doctor John's, since that's the only 24-hour adult store I know of around here.

The only problem? Doctor John's is NOT a smutty store. I was seriously disappointed and relieved at the same time. KT, the roomie, was along with me and so, for her sake, I was glad to see that Doctor John's is little more than a store that sells cheap lingerie but I was a little bitter to find that an all-night store which purports to be risque actually offers little to nothing in the embarrassing sex gift category. Eventually, I managed to find something randy enough to turn G-Unit a bright shade of red when she opened the gift. I mean, really, what is the point of a bachelorette party, if not to embarrass the bride-to-be?

Now as for the strip-tease, we didn't hire anyone for that. Rather, we rented Carmen Electra's Aerobic Strip-tease and did it ourselves. And I have to say, I thought it was a great work out and a helluva lot of fun. I enjoyed it so much that I bought the DVDs for myself off of Amazon. Hey, if I'm gonna work-out, I might as well enjoy it and I might as well learn some skills that may come in handy later on, right? I think of it as the work-out that keeps giving.

So that was my weekend. Hope y'all had a good one too!

5 Comments:

  • Maybe after I return Arrested Development, I can borrow your new CDs...

    Also, that head-butt thing was hilarious. Hilarious because of, of course, meme si je parle francais, was rooting for Italy perche Italia e la mia patria del cuore. So I also figured the French deserved to lose at that point. And they did. Good for them.

    Je dois dire aussi que quand j'etais en Italie, j'ai achete de la lingerie parce que je pensais que j'aurais epouse mon petit ami tout de suite apres la mission... Alors maintenant, j'ai de la lingerie italienne (et superbe) que je garde pour l'homme de mes reves... ou peut etre pour faire strip tease un jour a ma maison de chats si je ne trouve jamais un homme. En ce cas, je t'invite aussi pour le "show."

    By Blogger Cicada, at 11:28 PM  

  • Yeah, I like my violence in the form of hockey only.

    What was the raunchy gift you gave??

    By Blogger April, at 8:20 AM  

  • Maintenant je rougis!

    Ok, not really, I love it.


    I think it's sad that this was the last game of his career and that that red card was the end. What a note!

    By Blogger Carina, at 9:27 AM  

  • Cici,
    C'est une idee superbe et je suis si triste que je n'avais pas pensee de ca!!! La lingerie francaise etait trop sexy et je serais la encore quand? Stupide, stupide! Je suis si imbecile des temps en temps...like all the time!!!

    I figured you would root for Italy - the mission endears you to the place. And I was happy to see them win - when I don't root for France, I like to root for them.

    April,
    Yes, now my peoblem with hockey is usually that there isn't ENOUGH violence!!!

    I got G-Unit a pink silk negligee with black lace trim, black thigh-highs with bows on them and a black boa...and some Astroglide.

    Carina,
    It was sad to see his career end that way. Despite yesterday, I stil think Zidane was an amazing player and if it ewre me, I'd wait to retire another 4 years to redeem myself at the next World Cup...but that's just me.

    By Blogger redlaw, at 10:15 AM  

  • Oh, how Red District of you!

    By Blogger April, at 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home